Updated April 25th, 2018
- Information we collect
- Our use of personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”)
- Security and data integrity
- Our use of “cookies”
- Our use of web beacons
- Our use of banner ads
- Checking account and preferences information for accuracy
- Social Media Features
- Tell A Friend
- Blogs and Forums
- Safe Harbor Compliance
- Access Rights
- Updating of our Policy
- Contacting us
We believe that you should know what information we collect from you, as well as understand how we use, disclose, and protect that information. We believe that you should be able to communicate with us easily to limit the disclosure of any of your personal data, where practicable, and to address any questions or concerns that you may have. And we will not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent or as otherwise provided in this Policy.
By purchasing, subscribing to, or using Ganco’s services or using Ganco’s website, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. For other terms and conditions that govern your use of Ganco’s services and its website, please review the Legal page of the Ganco website.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our client (“Client”) has engaged Ganco.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of personal data about users of our services and visitors to our website in order to ensure an enjoyable user experience and seamless communications. When we use the term personal data, we mean information that is directly associated with, or could be used to identify, a specific person. Such information includes a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or information about activities directly linked to that person which would permit the physical or online contacting of that person. Where you have registered with us in the “Preferences” section of our Website, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address will also be collected and will be linked to your other personal data.
Our definition of personal data does not include “aggregate information”— data we collect about a group or category of services or users or customers and from which individual user or customer identities have been removed. Aggregate information—for example, a report that indicates that a certain number of our customers reside in a particular country, or a report on how many of our customers visited particular pages of our website—aids us in understanding trends and customer needs. For example, aggregate information allows us to consider new services or tailor existing services to customer preferences, and to provide aggregate statistics (e.g., a Small Business VoIP Usage Index) to customers, potential customers, and business partners. We collect the following types of personal data through use of our website and telephone calls to Ganco customer service:
- Information You Give Us We collect personal data you give us—such as your name, billing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and/or credit card number—when you purchase or use a service, participate in a promotion or survey, or register with us in the “Preferences” section on our website. The submission of certain types of information may be required in order for us to provide Ganco services to you.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of personal data whenever you interact with us. For example, when you use Ganco services via your mobile phone carrier or the Ganco mobile application, Ganco will collect your mobile phone number and other information about the type of mobile device you use (e.g., operating system, device model) for the purpose of providing the services to you. When you visit Ganco’s website, our systems automatically provide us with your IP address, ISP, search terms, domain server or clickstream data, and store it in log files to tell us what type of web browser you use, which may be linked to personal data if you have registered with us in the “Preferences” section of our website. When you visit Ganco’s website by clicking an advertisement on a third-party website, Ganco automatically collects information about the website you were visiting when you clicked on Ganco’s advertisement, including the IP address of the website and the date and time that you clicked on Ganco’s advertisement.
- Information We Obtain from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to, or combine it with, your personal data, including information such as:
- Credit information, which allows us to complete transactions for the purchase of Ganco services, and
- Commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties, which aids us in serving you and informing you of services that may be of interest to you.
- Personal Information Transmitted by Our Clients Through Our Services: We have no direct relationship with the individuals, if any, whose personal data our Clients transmit, receive, and/or store through the services that we offer or the individuals, if any, whom our Clients contact through the services that we offer.
- If you are an individual who is being contacted by one of our Clients through the services that we offer and would no longer like to be contacted by such Client through such services, please contact the Client directly.
- We may transfer personal data, if any, contained within the communications sent, received, and/or stored by our Clients through the services that we offer to companies that help us provide our service.
- Any individual whose personal data is included in the communications sent, received, and/or stored by one of our Clients through the services that we offer who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete any such inaccurate data should direct his or her request to the customer directly. The Client is the “data controller” of such data and is responsible for providing such access to such data or perform any correction, amendment, or deletion thereof at the request of the individual to whom the data relates.
Ganco retains the communications that we transmit or store on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to the applicable customer and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Ganco does not knowingly collect—either actively or passively, or store any information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us here. A parent of guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
To see how we use, disclose, and protect the personal data that we collect, please review the rest of this Policy.
2. OUR USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Our Internal Use: In general, we use personal data to serve our existing and prospective customers and to enhance and extend our customer relationships. By understanding how you use our services and our website, we are able to customize and personalize our interactions with you. More specifically:
- We use personal data for billing purposes, to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with your services, and to create and inform you of products or services from Ganco or others that better meet your needs.
- Subject to your agreement, Ganco uses e-mail, telemarketing, and direct mail to inform you about Ganco products or services we think will interest you. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications you can choose at any time not to continue receiving them by contacting us here.
- We use mobile device information to conduct anonymous mobile analytics so we have a better idea on how you interact with your mobile device.
- To allow you to capture and upload your profile picture (should you choose to do so), the application needs access to the camera. Ganco does not use this information for any purposes except for the designed use as mentioned here.
- To allow you to select a picture from your photo gallery and upload it to use the fax service and/or update your profile picture. Ganco does not use this information for any purposes except for the designed use as mentioned here.
- We may send you push notifications from time to time for you to get call alerts (for example to notify you that you have received a voicemail message or missed call).
While you may choose not to receive marketing information from us, you will continue to receive bills, customer service-related notifications, and other similar information from us electronically or otherwise. You will also continue to receive communications directly related to each service you purchase or subscribe to.
Our Customer Surveys: Periodically, you may be able to participate in our surveys to help us improve our services. Any personal data that we may collect from you in a survey will ONLY be used internally by Ganco. And unless otherwise explained in the instructions for a particular customer survey, any personal data you provide to us for purposes of that survey will be used in accordance with this Policy.
Third-Party Use: To understand when and how Ganco may disclose personal data to unaffiliated third parties, please read the Disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information section below.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Because information about our existing and prospective Clients is one of our most important business assets, we seek to protect it and keep it confidential. We do not share personal data with unaffiliated third parties, nor do we sell it to third parties, unless permitted to do so in accordance with this Policy.
Your Consent: Ganco may disclose your personal data if you consent to the disclosure in advance. Depending on the service, we may obtain your consent in a number of ways, including:
- In writing;
- Online, by clicking on a link or button; or
- Through the use of a dialing string or buttons on a telephone handset.
We may release personal data without your consent when release is appropriate to do one of the following:
- Comply with the law or a lawful government request (e.g., lawful subpoena or court order);
- Enforce or apply our agreements to sell or provide services to you or enforce compliance with website policies;
- Bill and collect for services; or
- Protect or defend our legal rights and property, the interests of customers and website users, and the rights of third parties (e.g., to address allegations about fraudulent or unlawful activity on a Ganco account);
- Protect health and safety of users or general public in an emergency
Disclosure to Affiliates: We may share your personal data between our third party service providers where it is necessary to support the services provided to you.
In order to verify payment methods and prevent fraud, Ganco verifies personal data, including payment information, with payment providers and fraud prevention services. If at any time you apply for a credit line with Ganco, Ganco may perform a credit inquiry with credit reporting agencies, and such inquiry may be noted on your credit record. Where permitted under local law, we may use automated decision-making systems to verify payment methods, assess creditworthiness, or prevent fraud, and we may contact you requesting additional information when needed.
For European Economic Area (“EEA”) Clients, this may mean that the personal data you provide us may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Nonetheless, if we transfer information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be respected.
For British Telecom (“BT”) Ganco customers, which are provided in conjunction with BT, we share your personal data, including name, contact details, and information about your Ganco services and your use of the services, with BT.
Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties: We may share personal data with unaffiliated third parties only as necessary to complete a transaction or perform a service that you have requested, or to support the technical operation and maintenance of our services and of our website. We may also share personal data with our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf. For example, we use third party service providers to perform functions such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service and processing orders. Ganco requires such unaffiliated third party to process such personal data solely on our behalf and to party to follow our privacy practices. Ganco does not sell its customer lists or any personal data associated with its customers to third parties.
Business Transfers: Information about our users and customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of company assets. It may also be disclosed in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal data would be transferred as one of the business assets of Ganco.
Emergency Calls: If you dial for emergency services (e.g., 112/999 in the U.K.), we may provide personally identifiable location information to a public safety answering point; emergency medical service provider or dispatch provider; public safety, fire service, or law enforcement official; hospital emergency or other medical care facility; or to a service provider that provides such information to such emergency responders.
4. CUSTOMER PROPRIETARY NETWORK INFORMATION
In the normal course of providing telecommunications and interconnected voice-over-Internet-protocol (“interconnected VoIP”) services to users and customers, we collect and maintain certain customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”). Your CPNI includes the types of telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you currently purchase or subscribe to, how you use those services (for example, your calling records), and billing information related to those services. Your Ganco telephone number, name, and address do not constitute CPNI.
Ganco would like to share your CPNI within our company and with our affiliates and authorized agents in order to offer you additional products and services that may fit your needs. Ganco does not sell, trade, or otherwise share your CPNI with anyone outside of Ganco or with anyone who is not authorized to represent us to offer our services or to perform functions on our behalf, except as the law may require or you may authorize.
Protecting your CPNI is important to us. We may also use or disclose your CPNI for legal or regulatory reasons such as to respond to a court order, to investigate fraud, to protect our rights or property, to protect against the unlawful use of our services, or to protect other users. You have a right and we have a duty under law to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI.
In order to opt-out from our use of your CPNI for our own marketing purposes, please contact us. Restricting our use of your CPNI will not affect our provision of any service or product to which you currently subscribe, nor will you necessarily eliminate all types of Ganco marketing.
5. SECURITY AND DATA INTEGRITY
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal data. Specifically, we use commercially accepted procedures and reasonable security systems to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees and contractors—all of whom are covered by this Policy—who need to know that information to provide services to you or otherwise assist you. We protect the security of your personal data during transmission via the Ganco website by using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) software, which encrypts information you input, so that no one else can read it as it is transmitted over the Internet. And we use an SSL connection to enable you to view, enter, and change the information in the “Preferences” section securely on our website.
You can take additional steps on your own to safeguard your personal data. For example, you should be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. And you should always log out of any website, including the Ganco website, after viewing personal account information.
Please be advised that Ganco has no control over or responsibility for the security or privacy policies or practices of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you might buy products or services, even if you visit them using links from the Ganco website.
6. OUR USE OF “COOKIES”
Ganco uses tracking technologies such as “cookies”, tags, and scripts to enhance your use of our website. “Cookies” are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive by a website when you visit that website. These files identify your computer and record your preferences and other data about your visit to a website so that when you return to that site, the site operator knows who you are and can personalize your visit. For example, cookies enable a website shopping cart to function so that you only have to check out once.
- Complete transactions you have requested;
- Collect information to determine which services and sections of our website are most and least popular;
- Personalize our website and make recommendations to you based on services you have used in the past; and
- Improve the ease of use of our website, sometimes in conjunction with web beacons.
We also use a session-based cookie to maintain continuity of navigation for you when viewing our website during a particular on-line session. After closing the browser, the session cookie simply terminates; it is not stored on your computer’s hard drive thereafter.
We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 and Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
Ganco does not use technology that recognizes browser “Do Not Track”’ signals. If located in the European Union,see your web browser’s settings (see below). For more information on how to disable and manage cookies and tracking devices see: https://www.ftc.gov/ftc/cookies.shtm.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and select “Internet Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and you can move the slider to “High” or “Block All Cookies”. In order to delete cookies, select the “General” tab, and under the “Browsing history” section, click “Delete…”. Make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Delete” to delete cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click the “Firefox” menu on the upper-right corner of your browser and select “Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “History” section, select “Never remember history” or “Use custom settings for history”. If you select “Use custom settings for history”, you can deselect “Accept third-party cookies” or “Accept cookies from sites”. In order to delete cookies, click “Show Cookies”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All Cookies” to remove all cookies. If your history setting is set to “Never Remember history”, click “clear all current history”, make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Clear Now”. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Apple Safari: Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and click “Preferences…”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “Block cookies” section, you can select “From third parties and advertisers” or “always”. In order to delete cookies, click “Details…”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All” to remove all cookies.
- Google Chrome: Click the wrench icon to the right of the address bar and select “Settings”. Click “Show advanced settings…”, scroll down to the “Privacy” section, and click “Content settings”. Under the “Cookies section”, you can select “Block sites from setting any data” or “Block third-party cookies and site data” to prevent cookies from being set. In order to delete cookies, click “All cookies and site data”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “x” to the right of the cookies, or click “Remove all” to remove all cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
7. OUR USE OF WEB BEACONS
Ganco uses web beacons on its website. A web beacon (sometimes called a “web bug” or “clear GIF”) is a tiny graphic image (usually a 1-by-1 pixel) displayed in a webpage, web-based document, or e-mail message, but it is usually invisible, as it is usually the same colour as the background of the webpage, document, or e-mail message. When the user’s web browser reads the HTML code for the web beacon to retrieve the image, it can pass along the IP address of the user’s computer, the time the web beacon was viewed and for how long, and the type of browser used. Web beacons can also be linked to a user’s cookies and any personal data that may be stored in them.
Ganco uses web beacons to gather aggregate information, as described above in Information We Collect. Ganco does not use web beacons that link to cookies or to personally identifiable information on unaffiliated third-party websites. And it does not permit unaffiliated third parties to place such web beacons in advertisements on Ganco’s website.
For its web beacons, Ganco uses Adobe Analytics to analyze use of Ganco’s website. For further information on how Adobe Analystics collects and uses information, you should refer to the Adobe’s Privacy Statement at http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html.
8. OUR USE OF BANNER ADS
9. CHECKING ACCOUNT AND “PREFERENCES” INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY
Ganco customers can review or change the information in the “Preferences” section of our website, or by telephoning or writing to Customer Service. For Customer Service contact information, please see the Contacting Us section below. As noted in the Information We Collect About You section above, we may also use updated address information obtained from other sources to update our records. We will respond to your requests to access your records within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal data to provide you services, contact us.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
11. REFERRAL PROGRAMS
12. BLOGS AND FORUMS
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas is public and may be read, Information collected, and used by others who access them and may remain on the public forum indefinitely. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Ganco is not liable for the distribution of personal data posted on a public forum. We encourage all users to exercise caution when providing personal information in blogs and community forums.
With your input and your consent, we may post a Client testimonial by you on our website, which may include your name, industry, company, title, or other identifying information. If you want your testimonial removed or wish to give or withdraw consent please contact us here.
15. ACCESS RIGHTS
You have the right to request access to details of the personal information we hold about you. We will process that request in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests. To request access, please contact us. Before we process any request we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
16. UPDATING OF OUR POLICY
Ganco will revise or update this Policy if our practices change or as we change existing services, add new services, or develop better ways to inform you of services we think will interest you. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. You should refer back to this page for the latest information and the effective date of any changes.
17. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please e-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 020 8687 4400. Or you can write to us at:
1 Commonside West,
CR4 4HA, UK
Ganco is committed to the policies set forth in this Policy.